Here’s my recent email to HTC’s support:
I recently received my Vive back from your repair shop [for a dead pixel problem] and have ran into a few issues.
At first, the Vive wouldn’t want to work – then it finally prompt that it needed a firmware update, but FAILED when trying to do so; eventually I got it to update after clearing some crap on Steam and bypassing the Vive’s hub.
Now I’m on to the next problem, the camera. It just states ‘Camera Not Available’ in the settings. I have tried numerous things to get this to work:
- Reinstalled Steam
- Reinstalled SteamVR
- Reinstalled Vive software
- Reinstalled Vive drivers
- Erased USB history in device manager
- Reinstalled USB drivers for motherboard
- Tried different USB 3.0 ports
- Tried different USB 2.0 ports
- Tried it directly connected, bypassing the hub
Thanks in advance!